Smashed Pickle Salad
A bright, briny take on a smashed cucumber salad. Eat this fun side dish with fried chicken, grilled meats, or on a sandwich for an added tangy crunch.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly on a mandolin
- 4 The Real Dill Habanero Horseradish Dills pickle spears, cut into bite size
- 1/4 cup The Real Dill Habanero Horseradish Dills pickle brine
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- Add sliced red onions and pickle brine to a bowl. Stir to completely coat the red onions in the pickle brine. Set aside for at least 30 - 60 min.
- Once your red onions have sat in the brine, drain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the Habanero Horseradish Dills pickle spears, and gently smash with a fork or potato masher to release a bit of the juice.
- Add the marinated red onion, celery, sour cream, mayo, dill, and artichoke hearts to the pickles, and stir until everything is incorporated. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from NYT Food