Bloody Mary Gravlax
This recipe uses Bloody Mary Rimming Spice in place of regular salt, giving the gravlax a gorgeous, slightly smoky, citrusy cure. The perfect compliment to a poppy seed bagel and chive cream cheese.
- One-pound filet of salmon, thick cut preferable
- 1/2 cup The Real Dill Bloody Mary Rimming Spice (almost a whole tin)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- One bunch dill
- Cut a long piece of plastic wrap (long enough to wrap around your salmon filet at least twice) and lay in the bottom of a deep dish. (The gravlax will expel a bunch of liquid as it cures.)
- Place salmon on top of plastic wrap, skin side down.
- Douse salmon in Bloody Mary Rimming Spice and sugar, making sure every bit of salmon flesh is covered.
- Lay bunch of dill on top and wrap seasoned salmon very tightly in plastic wrap. Weigh the seasoning plastic-wrapped filet down with cans, bottles, or other heavy items, and leave to cure in the fridge for at least 12 hours and up to 72 hours.
Recipe made in collaboration with Annie Diamond.