Sweet & Spicy Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup pickle brine (from your jar)
- 1 garlic clove (from your jar), finely diced
- pickled dill (from your jar), finely diced, discarding large stems
- jalapeño (from your jar), finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbs. honey
- Juice and zest from half a lemon
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine everything but olive oil in a medium-mixing bowl. Add jalapeño to taste, discarding extra.
- Slowly pour in oil while whisking, until emulsified.
Yield: About 2 cups