Pickle Brine Ceviche
- 1 18 oz Fresh Mahi Mahi, chopped (3-3.5 lbs)
- 2 ½ Red onion, finely sliced
- ¾ cup pickle brine
- ¾ cup Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Serrano pepper, seeds removed, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- ½ Tbsp. Kosher salt
- ¾ tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients into a zip top bag and combine thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours for seafood to cure in the acidity. Serve with chips or saltines.
*It is extremely important to only use very fresh raw seafood.
*Also use the extra pickled items found in your jar (i.e. hot pepper, dill, etc)
Yield: 3 cups