Savory Bloody Mary Parmesan Palmiers
November 21, 2021
A palmier is a classic French pastry that is crispy, sweet, and buttery. Although complex in appearance, these impressive palm shaped cookies only require a few simple ingredients. Palmiers are traditionally a sweet treat, but our savory version is delightfully cheesy, tangy, and slightly spicy.
- Flatten puff pastry sheet on a cutting board.
- Sprinkle Bloody Mary Rimming Spice, parmesan cheese, and parsley over the puff pastry dough.
- Begin rolling the dough from each long side until ends meet in the middle like a scroll. A tighter roll with produce a more spiralized palmier.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so until it is firm. This makes the log slice more cleanly & easily.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice rolled, chilled palmier into 1/4 inch-thick pieces and place them flat on a parchment lined baking sheet, 1 inch apart.
- Sprinkle each palmier with a few sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Rest palmiers on sheet pan until cool to the touch, about 10 minutes.
*The palmiers are best eaten right away but will store for 1-2 days in an airtight container at room temp.
Recipe made in collaboration with Chefs Nicole & David, @nicolesmoveablefeast