*This recipe is specifically made with ingredients found in the jar of our Spicy Caribbean pickles.*
1. Strain all herbs and spices from your jar, reserving the cinnamon stick for later use.
2. Finely grind the strained herbs and spices with remaining ingredients, omitting the pickle brine, in a small food processor to create a rub for your pork shoulder.
3. Generously coat the shoulder with all of the rub and place into a roasting pan (9X13 or so).
4. Add half of the reserved pickle brine and cinnamon stick from your jar to the bottom of the pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Braise the shoulder in a 250° oven for 4-6 hours, depending on the size of the roast, until tender and falling apart effortlessly. An internal temperature to aim for is 205°-210°.
6. Once tender, allow to rest in the braising liquid for 20 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board and shred using two forks.
7. Skim the fat off of the braising liquid using a ladle or spoon, and add pork back to the liquid.
8. Add the remaining cup of brine to the pork and mix.
*Serve on a “Cuban Sandwich” with The Real Dill Spicy Caribbean pickles, Swiss cheese, and yellow mustard on a Panini pressed bun. Recipe yields 12-14 sandwiches.
Yield: 6 lbs